Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2020

Year 13 - English - Character Strengths

My top three character strengths were Teamwork, Humour, and Judgement.

Teamwork:
- What is most gratifying to me about being a part of a team?
I am most grateful for the ability and the opportunity to work with a variety of people with different personalities and methods of thinking. It opens up different perspectives on a topic and enables you to come up with creative ideas.

- How do I feel and act if I carry more than my fair share of the weight for the team?
It's not often that you have to do more than you are tasked with. When I have to carry more, I just get the job done and move on.

- How does teamwork extend into your personal life; for example, parenting, family, partner, and friendship?
Being able to work well with other people teaches you valuable people skills which can help in social situations with friends and family.

Humour:
- How do you initiate playfulness, and how does that change from situation to situation?
I normally get to know the person and see how they initiate humour before I start, to avoid potentially offending people. The situation changes when I'm talking to different people who have different tastes and styles, so I like to take note of people's sense of humour to match theirs.

- How do other people express playfulness, and what have I learnt from observing playfulness in others?
The more you talk to someone, the more you start to learn their style and their sense of humour. By observing someone else's sense of humour, I'm able to start conversations and get along with them more efficiently.

- In what situations has humour been a barrier for you connecting with others?
Humour has been a barrier in connecting with others when the person I'm talking to either don't have a keen sense of humour or the situation isn't suitable for humour. Since I try to include humour in a lot of my conversations, being in a situation that doesn't warrant any can be a challenge.

Judgement:
- How do you express judgement/critical thinking to others?
I express judgement/critical thinking when I'm making a decision by weighing all the options and considering all the benefits and consequences, then evaluating which option best suits me.

- When you are trying to make decisions, what leads you to lose perspective of the big picture?
When making decisions, I sometimes get caught up in looking at the benefits, rather than also considering the consequences of my actions, sometimes resulting in a Pyrrhic victory, where the consequences sometimes outweigh the benefits.

- With what people and in what circumstances is it difficult to for you to think rationally without being confused by strong emotions?
Sometimes, making decisions with close friends can make coming to a conclusion a bit difficult because they can either be a distraction and make choosing an outcome difficult, or they can influence my decision and cloud my judgement so I make a decision that might not be what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.